Thursday, August 17, 2006

New age books being sold by Lifeway Online Christian Bookstores

Not long after I became a Christian I found myself in a Christian bookstore checking out the books and the music. The thing that struck me was how they seemed to use the same marketing techniques as secular book and record stores. I would later find out that this was because most of the Christian publishers and record companies had been bought out by huge secular companies and the bottom line was and still is the bottom line.

I have always struggled while looking at some of the titles and authors of books in these stores with the lack of either discernment or concern over some of the material they would put on their shelves. It just seemed like they would sell just about anything if it resembled Christianity in some manner. That being said, I never thought I would see compromise to the point of selling full on New Age books in Christian bookstores. Check out this article by Bud Press from the Christian Research Service about what 'Lifeway', the online 'Christian' bookstore is selling these days.

No comments: