Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Labyrinth Journey

I just returned from a day in Edinburgh meeting up with a good friend who will be coming to speak at our church in March about apologetics and aberrent spiritual movements. It's quite interesting that in checking my e-mail I received an e-mail from our former church (which we still have ties to) announcing a Labyrinth they are having tomorrow.

I have been paying attention to many of the trends happening in different spiritual circles around the world and the Labyrinth is one of the hottest trends in the New Age movement and amazingly in the church as well.

I came accross this article about Labyrinths and passed it on to those that may be considering attending tomorrow. Give it a read it's pretty eye opening and disturbing to say the least to think that so much of the church has so little discernment that they would embrace something like this.

Give it a read. http://www.ankerberg.com/Articles/new-age/NA1005W4.htm

Marc

2 comments:

Ro said...

Hi Marc,
I appreciate your blogs. We'll be praying for your new work at Alva Baptist. I, too, am amazed at the acceptance of so much that has never been Christian, as if it were, and being embraced by the church as something new. Yet, we know there is nothing new under the sun when it comes to man's attempt to maneuver around Christ and the Scriptures thinking that in doing so we are looking for the truth? Thanks again for your work there. Still praying for His leading for our ministry, too. In Christ, RO

Marc Hamer said...

Hi Ro,
Good to hear from you once again. I am glad to hear that you have a concern for these things as well. It seems that there are so many that I come across in the church that could care less which is very disturbing to me. We need to be praying more than ever as the skin of the truth stuffed with a lie travels far quicker and much further than it used to.